The purpose of physiotherapy is to restore and maintain mobility, function, independance and performance. Physiotherapists are specialists in using their hands to assess joints and soft tissues and to perform mobilisation and manipulation of these structures.
As Physiotherapists we are also trained in the correct use of electrotherapy, and can use these modalities when safe and appropriate for horses.
Our clinic offers:
- Hands on techniques including mobilisation, massage, myofascial release and passive stretches
- Specific and individually tailored exercise therapy – in our rehab gym
- Thermography (click here for more information)
We currently offer the following electrotherapies:
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Red light phototherapy
- Pulsed Electro Magnetic Field Therapy (PEMFT)
- Transpinal Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
A vital component of our service is helping you, the owner, to do as much as possible at home. We give you bespoke exercise plans, advice and guidance and will try to provide education regarding your animals’ specific problem; what can help and what should be avoided. Most importantly we give you time and specialist knowledge with the aim of enhancing your animals’ well being.
These treatments can be carried out at your own yard or patients can be brought to the centre and treated at CS Equestrian (www.csequestrian.co.uk) – our onsite livery yard and riding school.